Sunday, August 23, 2009

Windows - Providing an alias for an IP address

  1. Locate the Windows hosts file at C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc.
  2. Use Notepad only to open the hosts file.
  3. Create a new line or choose an empty line.
  4. Type the IP address that you want to map with an alias.
  5. Press the Tab key once.
  6. Type the desired alias.
  7. Save your changes.
Open a command line window, ping the alias that you provided before and you'll see a response from the server (given that the server is network accessible).

3 comments:

  1. Hi Abel,
    I am planning to give F0420G, content manager - designer exam, please provide any useful tips.
    Can you also please send me your email address?
    my email

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry for the late response, I don't check this blog really often =) . F0420G is actually an easy exam, I can provide you an exam I have in my machine, I'm amorelos at gmail, you ping me and I can give you some advice and files from there.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to getting more updates and we play a small role in upskilling people providing the latest tech courses. Join us to upgrade on FILENET ADMIN ONLINE TRAINING

    ReplyDelete